Saturday 16 January 2016

Kim Kardashian Smokey Eye Make Up How To on a Budget

 

I came across this photo of Kim K the other day and fell in love with her natural smokey eye look, so I set out to try and find an eyeshadow match, which was quite a task as its a sort of cashmere shade, a mix of grey and brown, but after much searching and trying all sorts of shades on my hand I found the two perfect shades at the bourjois counter and left Boots very happy but with bruised looking hands from all of the testing!!

Before I carry on explaining how to create this gorgeous smokey eye, this was my finished look, not an exact match but close enough I think and still a great smokey look for those that like it.


The eyeshadow shades that I used were Bourjois NOCTAM-BRUNE 08 which is the darker brown/grey shade and MAUVE STAR 05 which is a light shimmery brown/grey, £6.99 each.





Prep the eye first with a primer, (my favourite is Mac) and then apply a loose powder to lids to help stop your eyeshadow creasing. Blend the darker shade over lids and up just past the socket then the lighter shimmery shade over the top, then the next step is to blend. Using a clean eyeshadow brush gently blend the eyeshadow above the crease so that there are no harsh lines. Next apply an eyeliner to the waterline of your top lashes and to your lower lash line, I used Maybelline master smoky eye in smokey chocolate £7. 


Next curl your lashes and apply 2 coats of mascara (wait at least 3 mins in between coats) lightly coat the lower lashes too.  I used Seventeen Falsifeye HD £6.99 which is amazing for the price! 



So there you have it ladies, a lovely Kim K inspired smokey eye on a budget, the product cost for this look came to a total of £27.97 which is brilliant by today's standards and other than the mascara, these products will last you for ages!

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This makeup look is gorgeous on you! I will definitely be trying it!


    Jemma | jemmas-simple-life.com ❤️‍

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig